Join us as we reach out to meet a physical, emotional, relational, financial, or spiritual need in people’s lives.
Since the start of Dare to Care in 2008:
• Received about $232,000 in donations and distributed over $215,000.
• Assisted 775 families in crisis with their living expenses.
• Assisted 17 organizations
(TESSA Domestic Violence, Mission Medical, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Liza’s Place, Make a Wish Foundation, Northern Churches Care, Life Network, Lighthouse Mobile Ministries, Rosemont at Shadow Mountain, Bethany Adoption, Amplify Church Launch, KPC Kid’s Place, Jackson Elementary, Lincoln Elementary, Falcon Middle School, and Women of Courage)
Take the Dare and Choose to Live Beyond Yourself!
The vision for Dare to Care is about living beyond ourselves. . . our needs . . . our wants . . to put others first. It’s about a church reaching out to our community needs first rather than pursuing our own church building and land. We believe the Holy Spirit spoke to us and said, “Invest in people first and you will always have money for land and buildings.”
Too often it is easy for a church to become a spiritual country club where all of our energies and efforts are focused to keep the members happy and we forget the mandate from Jesus to reach the world. At Rock Family Church we don’t believe the church is here for us but that we are the church and we are here for the world!
1. If our church ceased to exist today. . . would anyone in the community other than our members know or care?
2. If we were the only church in Colorado Springs. . . how would it change the way we respond to the needs of our community?
3. To reach people no one else is reaching . . . we have to do what no one else is doing.
4. We want to do something so big, it is destined to fail without You, Lord. Something so great it takes a miracle to do!
1. INVEST YOUR RESOURCES: We dare you to give to our Dare to Care project. Contribute financially to help us continue to meet the needs of hurting people in Colorado Springs. For more information about giving online, click here.
2. INVEST YOUR TIME: Stop being a spectator. Get out of the grandstands of life and get down on the field and begin to give back. We dare you to take the amount of time you spend on Facebook in a week and find a local organization to serve and assist. Life takes on significance when we give to help another human being.
3. INVEST IN OTHERS: We dare you to reach out and do a random act of kindness today. Do something out of the ordinary to bless another person. Maybe it’s buying the cup of coffee for the person behind you at Starbucks, or helping someone load their truck at Home Depot. Is there a neighbor that could use a hand on that weekend project? Life becomes fulfilling when we bless and give to others!
Who is Dare To Care?
DTC is an outreach ministry of Rock Family Church and operates under their 501C3 umbrella. A separate bank account has been established for all Dare To Dare contributions.
How much of the money collected actually goes back into the community?
All administrative expenses are covered by Rock Family Church except for some of our initial start-up expenses back in 2008. We currently give 100% back into Dare to Care projects, outreaches, and assistance to families in need.
What type of assistance is available?
We assist with living expenses for families in crisis.. We do not assist with hotel rent, loans, cable bills, car payments, or credit card bills.
Who is eligible to apply for assistance?
Applicants must be referred by a Rock Family member or a partner organization. Only one person per household may apply for assistance (multiple requests from the same household will be denied.) A household may only receive assistance once per calendar year.
What is the process to apply for Dare to Care assistance?
- All those applying for assistance must fill out a Dare To Care assistance form in person at our church office and be able to provide a photo ID and supporting documentation upon request.
- All forms are reviewed by committee on Tuesdays of each week. Call backs go out to applicants on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- All financial assistance is paid directly to the organization and is available for individuals to pick up after attending a Sunday service. We do not give cash to individuals.